Maria Bethânia - Dezembros - 1988 - Braziloid pressing EUA

 

One of Maria Bethania's best albums of the 80s – a set that has the singer almost hitting a more personal, more intimate mode – working with music from Caetano Veloso that helps bring in a closeness that Bethania was sometimes missing in her sound! The approach is a bit jazzy at times – with warm keyboard currents that allow Maria to trip lightly on the vocal tip, while still moving with the kind of sophisticated songwriting that serves her best – and Caetano also sings a bit on the record, as does Milton Nascimento. Titles include "Anos Dourados", "Doce Espera", "Yorubahia", "Gostoso Demais", "Tranchan", "Errei Sim", and "Cancoes E Momentos. I got this sealed album and I never had a reason to open since I got the RCA version that is open and the cd version also open. I got the album mainly because I wanted Maria Bethania Errei Sim version, in my opinion it is the best version of that song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gal Costa ‎– Baby Gal - 1983

Gal Costa ‎– Agua Viva - 1978